Q: What are some long palindromes?
- Lewd I did live, & evil did I dwel. (John Taylor, 1614)
- Unremarkable was I ere I saw Elba, Kramer, nu?
Dan goes on to say "...a little work on the search algorithm could make it several times as long."
- Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.
- Di, Al, Togo, Boll, Edna, Todd, Adolf, Sir Obadiah Turner, Ollie, Nora, El, silly Rama, Yma Sumac, St. Toby, Cal, Mike, Graf Alfie, Leila, Roz, Owen, Gallos, Reg, Nina Noyes, Mary, Lionel, Lana, Essex, Rex, Dr. Olim, Sal, Isobel, Ed, Axel, Ann, Odile, Leon, Bill (a Pole), Ginger, gay Ogden, Mac-Coll, Ewen Enid, Ansel, Gore, Lady Block, Cindy, Sam, Ronny, Llewellyn, Norma, Syd, Nick Colby, Dale, Rog, Les, Nadine Newell, Occam, Ned, Goya, Greg, Nigel Opal, Lib, Noel, Eli, Donna, Lex, Adele, Bo, Silas, Milord Xerxes, Sean Allen, oily Ramsey, Onan, Ingersoll, Agnew, Oz, Oralie, Leif La-Farge, Kim, Lacy, Botts, Camus, Amy, Amaryllis, Lear, O'Neill, Oren, Ruth, Aida, Boris, Flo, Dad, Dot and El Lobo got laid.
A poem: Mood's mode! Pallas, I won! (Diaper pane, sold entire.) Melt till ever sere, hide it. Drown a more vile note; (Tar of rennet.) Ah, trowel, baton, eras ago. The reward? A "nisi." Two nag.
Otary tastes putrid, yam was green. Odes up and on; stare we. Rats nod. Nap used one-erg saw. (May dirt upset satyr?)
A toga now; 'tis in a drawer, eh? Togas are notable. (Worth a tenner for Ate`.) Tone liver. O Man, word-tied I.
-- Hubert Phillips
The entire book Satire: Veritas is a palindrome, it starts "Sir, I stra..." and ends "... Art, sir, is Satire: Veritas."
Jeff Grant has composed a palindrome of 10,230 words.
Dr. Awkward & Olson in Oslo by Lawrence Levine (self-published, 1980) is a palindromic novel comprising 167 pages and 31,594 words. It starts, "Tacit, I hate gas (aroma of evil)," and ends, "live foam or a sage Tahiti cat."
- race car a Toyota semi limes laminar animal
- O, no! Do God! Go, dog! Old? Lo! Top pot. Hey, yeh. Top spot. Live evil. Stun nuts. Taft: fat! Go do, dog. Never even. Pa's a sap. Stop spots. I prefer pi. Regal lager. Dot sees Tod. Lepers repel. Ma has a ham. Pepsi is pep. (Richard Lederer) Dennis sinned. Sir, I'm Iris. Dee saw a seed. Del saw a sled. Egad, an adage! Draw, o coward! I met System I. Lee had a heel. Lonely Tylenol. Not so, Boston. Rail at a liar. Senile felines. Sup not on pus. "Naomi," I Moan. He won snow, eh? Laid on no dial. Name no one man. Peel Sam asleep. Redraw a warder. Step on no pets. Do geese see God? Ed is on no side. Emil saw a slime. Name now one man. Dot saw I was Tod. Eros' sis is sore. Gateman's nametag. God saw I was dog! Lem saw I was Mel. Naomi, did I moan? Never odd or even. No, evils live on. Rise to vote, sir. (Leigh Mercer, 1925) Sex at noon taxes. Sleep on no peels. Enid and Edna dine. He stops spots, eh? No it can - action! Revenge Meg? Never! Sleep not on peels. Was it a rat I saw? Wendel's sled: new? A Toyota's a Toyota. Egad, nab a bandage! No lemons, no melon. O, stone, be not so. Zeus' maw swam Suez. (Josefa Heifetz) Lager, sir, is regal. (J. A. Lindon) Pull up if I pull up. God, a saw was a dog! Ma is a nun, as I am. In a regal age ran I. No, I met System Ion. No, it is opposition. Now I see bees I won. Delia saw I was ailed. Dr. Lime, 121 Emil Rd. Harass selfless Sarah! He goddam mad dog, eh? (James Thurber) He harasses Sarah, eh? Niagara, O roar again! Mary bred a Derby ram. No evil shah lives on. Yawn a more Roman way. Dennis and Edna sinned. (J. A. Lindon) Now, sir, a war is won. Rats drown in Word-Star. Star comedy: Democrats! Drat Saddam mad dastard. Draw pupil's lip upward. He lived as a devil, eh? He won a Toyota now, eh? Red rum, sir, is murder. (J. A. Lindon) Won't lovers revolt now? Emil asleep peels a lime. Eve damned Eden, mad Eve! Must sell at tallest sum. Red root put up to order. A slut nixes sex in Tulsa. Ma is as selfless as I am. Nurse, I spy gupsies, run! Rats live on no evil star. Sit on a potato pan, Otis! Slap a ham on Omaha, pals! Top step's pup's pet spot. (Leigh Mercer) A dog! A panic in a pagoda! Deny me not; atone, my Ned. Draw no dray a yard onward. Repel evil as a live leper. Go deliver a dare, vile dog. I won, Karen, an era know I. May a moody baby doom a yam? Murder for a jar of red rum. No "x" in "Mr. R. M. Nixon"? Now do I repay a period won. Now, Ned, I am a maiden won. Oh who was it I saw, oh who? Swen, on gnus, sung no news. Ten animals I slam in a net. Was it Eliot's toilet I saw? Was it a car or a cat I saw? Al lets Della call Ed Stella. No, she stops spots, eh, son? Eros? Sidney, my end is sore! Some men interpret nine memos. Devil Natasha, ah, Satan lived. Draw, O Caeser, erase a coward. Emil's Nip eels sleep in slime! Did Eve salt an atlas? Eve did. I, man, am regal; a German am I. Her Eve's nose we soon sever, eh? Golf, no sir, prefer prison flog. No pinot noir on Orion to nip on. O, memsahib Bart, rabbi has memo. Trap all afoot; I too fall apart. Evil I did dwell; lewd did I live. Norma is as selfless as I am, Ron. (J. A. Lindon) "Naomi, sex at noon taxes," I moan. Yo, bad anaconda had no Canada boy. "Asi, Buenos Dias!" said Son Eubisa. Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age. Egad, a base life defiles a bad age. Kay, a red nude, peeped under a yak. Live on evasions, no, I save on evil. Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas. No mists reign at Tangier, St. Simon! Dog as a devil deified lived as a god. (C. A. Pearson, 1900) Eureka! Till I pull up ill I take rue. Named under a ban - a bared, nude man. No sot nor Ottawa law at Toronto, son! Sums are not set as a test on Erasmus. (Leigh Mercer) Marge lets Norah see Sharon's telegram. Red dude kill lion. No ill-liked udder. Reviled did I live; evil I did deliver. Anna: "Did Otto peep?" Otto: "Did Anna?" Eve saw diamond, erred; no maid was Eve. Evil is the name of a foeman, as I live. May Ron dine on eels? No, Enid, nor yam. Stiff, O dairy-man, in a myriad of fits! Address of Emil Otto Lime: Fosse Rd., DA. Aim a Toyota tatami mat at a Toyota, Mia. Did I draw Della too tall, Edward? I did? I roamed under it as a tired, nude Maori. He won't, ah, wander, Edna. What now, eh? To Peru, named llama mall 'De Manure Pot'. Anne, I vote more cars race Rome to Vienna. Cigar? Toss it in a can. It is so tragic. (J. A. Lindon) Stop, Syrian! I start at rats in airy spots. I roamed under rats as a starred, nude Maori. Peel's lager, red rum did murder regal sleep. Paget saw an Irish tooth, Sir, in a waste gap. We few erase cares, Al; laser aces are we few. Dog as a devil deified; deified lived as a god. (cf. Pearson, 1900) No, it is opposed; art sees trade's opposition. Level? No, I tan, I'm at no contamination level. Mad Zeus, no live devil, lived evil on Suez Dam. No, it's a bar of gold, a bad log for a bastion. Now stop, major-general, are negro jam-pots won? Straw? No, too stupid a fad; I put soot on warts. (Leigh Mercer) Live dirt up a side track carted is a putrid evil. Name tarts? No medieval slave, I demonstrate man! No gnu have never after fret far, even Eva hung on. Now, Ned, I am a maiden nun; Ned, I am a maiden won. We repaid a no name Pacific ape man on a diaper, ew! Do good's deeds live on? No, evil's deeds do, O God! Here we no got conical ill lilac in octogon ewer, eh? Salamander a ton now. Raw war won not, a Red Nam, alas. Did I do, O God, did I do as I said I'd do? Good, I did! Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era? I prevent U-boats, tar, evil live rats, Tao but never pi. Desserts I desire not, so long no lost one rise distressed. Revered now I live on. O, did I do no evil, I wonder, ever? Fool! A dog lives sad a boxer, Rex. O bad ass evil god aloof! Fool! A dog lives sad a boxer, Rex. O bad ass evil god aloof! 'Tenor Octopus Night' netted a cadet tenth ginsu pot, coronet. Won total, I am a pro. Bali radar I labor. Pa, mail a tot now! I saw desserts; I'd no lemons, alas, no melon; distressed was I. Yo, boy! Trap gnus, nude. 'Kangaroo Rag' naked unsung party, O boy! Did I strap red nude, red rump, also slap murdered underparts? I did! Doc, note: I dissent. A fast never prevents a fatness. I diet on cod. (Peter Hilton, 1943; Penelope Gilliat [Whiteley??) So regards Rat's Lib: regrets no more hero monster gerbil stars' drag Eros. Degas, are we not drawn onward, we freer few, drawn onward to new eras aged? Garret, I ogle. Enemy democrats party; trap star comedy men, eel goiter rag. Named undenominationally rebel, I rile Beryl? La, no! I tan. I'm, O Ned, nude, man! Sagas emit taxes, rat snot, or pastrami. I'm Arts, a proton star - sex at times a gas. Dr. Ana, Cataracts. Uranium enema smarts if fist rams, Amen! Emu in a rust car at a canard. T. Eliot, top bard, notes putrid tang emanating, is sad; I'd assign it a name: gnat dirt upset on drab pot toilet. (Alastair Reid)
- Some word (not letter) palindromes
- Word palindrome poem
- Line palindrome poems
As I was passing near the jail I met a man, but hurried by. His face was ghastly, grimly pale. He had a gun. I wondered why He had. A gun? I wondered... why, His face was ghastly! Grimly pale, I met a man, but hurried by, As I was passing near the jail.
Watching the woman as she neared the gate.
- Some palindromic names
Laval (prime minister of Vichy government)
Lon Nol (former premier of Cambodia)
U Nu (former premier of Burma)
Wassamassaw (a swamp north of Charleston SC)
Yreka Bakery (a former business in Yreka CA)
Yrella Gallery (a business which later occupied the same premises)
Elite Tile (a plausible business name)
- Some Latin palindromes
A palindromic word square:
sator arepo tenet opera rotas
Palindromes of palindromic words:
Odo tenet mulum, madidam mulum tenet Odo. Anna tenet mappam, madidam mappam tenet Anna.